Your New Work-Appropriate Beauty Routine
We partnered with Cosmetics A La Carte, a bespoke British make-up brand, whose products our makeup artist Irena used to create the perfect work-appropriate makeup look for our SS19 photoshoot. Here she takes us step-by-step through how she created the look, and how you can recreate it too:
1. "To prep Julia's skin I used Creamy Deep Cleanser for dissolving traces of pollution and skin impurities, followed by Rosewater Tonic to rehydrate and balance her skin's PH. As the skin feels drier in the winter months, I gently massaged Radiance Restoring Rose Oil onto Julia's skin to create extra radiance and glow. I finished off prepping the skin by applying Rose Dew Moisturiser and Primer - it’s a great product to have as it primes, hydrates and firms at the same time, leaving the skin looking youthful and creates the perfect base for long-lasting makeup".
2. "To cover any skin imperfections I used the Firm and Glow Foundation. It has a light to medium coverage, a velvety finish and leaves the skin looking glowing and dewy".
3 & 4. "To compliment the SS19 collection colours, I went with a warm-toned eyeshadow palette, something subtle with a natural and fresh feel. I selected a combination of individual Eye Define Mineral Eyeshadows in shades Rosegold, Copper and Woody to define the model’s eyes. One coat of Intense Volume Black Mascara was applied".
5. "Lips were kept nude - I used Moisture Plus Lipstick in Sorbet".
6. "I gently contoured Julia's face using Silk Touch in Freckle, and I defined her eyebrows with the Brow Ink precision liquid brow pen in Taupe. As a finishing touch, I applied Silk Radiance Perfecting Powder in Ivory to keep the T-zone gently mattified".
All makeup brushes are Irena's own.
Here's how Irena created quick and easy loose waves:
1. Pin up the top section of hair and starting from the ends, leaving the top half/crown out, wrap two-inch sections around a large curling barrel and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat this until the whole bottom half is curled, ensuring you wrap each section in the same direction.
2. Unpin the top half of hair and use the same technique to curl this section.
3. Once the whole head of hair is curled, brush through with a wide tooth comb or soft paddle hairbrush and spray with a firm hair spray.
Vollständigen Artikel anzeigen
It seems to become harder and harder to find new roles and for employers to decide on the right candidate with each passing year due to the sheer volume of applicants. In response to this, many employers are building an extra step into the recruitment process: personality testing.